Concert series and festivals
Founded in 1997, the annual Vilnius Festival is one of the most prestigious, solid and versatile musical events in Lithuania. With primary interest in presenting classical music, performed by the established soloists, ensembles and symphony orchestras from all over the world, it also promotes contemporary Lithuanian music by commissioning new large-scale works, and offers a platform for jazz and musical theatre.
The collaboration of its organisers and performers with world-renowned musicians has accelerated the acceptance of not only Lithuania’s musical culture but also its political activities in the international realm. The roster of the celebrated performers, who have been among the favourites of the Vilnius Festival, includes Mstislav Rostropovich, Riccardo Muti, Krzysztof Penderecki, Yuri Bashmet, Gidon Kremer and Vadim Repin; jazz legends Dave Brubeck, McCoy Tyner, Al Jarreau, Herbie Hancock, Al di Meola, Chick Corea, Paco de Lucia, Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra.
The active participation of the Vilnius Festival in the programs of Lithuanian cultural tourism and its close cooperation with diplomatic missions of foreign countries has generated high interest among foreign guests and tourists in both this event and Lithuanian cultural happenings in general.
The Vilnius Festival has been member of the European Festivals Association (EFA) since 1999. The Vilnius Festival 2013 is dedicated to Lithuania's Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
The Vilnius Festival is organised by the Lithuanian National Philharmonic Society in cooperation with the public institution "Vilnius Festivals".
Postal address: Vilnius Festival, 5 Aušros Vartų g., LT-01304 Vilnius, Lithuania
Tel: +370 5 266 52 10
Fax: +370 5 266 52 66
- The Lithuanian National Philharmonic Society, Aušros Vartų g. 5;
- The Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theatre, A. Vienuolio g. 1;
- "Siemens" Arena.
TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED AT:
- Lithuanian National Philharmonic box office (except for concert on 13 June 2013): Office works from Tuesday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m.Information and ticket booking by: Phone: (8 5) 266 5233, (8 5) 266 5216; Cell phone: 8698 52 075, 8698 51954; E-mail: bilietaifilharmonija.lt, on website: www.filharmonija.lt
- Lithuanian National Opera and Theatre box office (only for events of 3 and 14 June 2013): Office works from Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6.30 p.m., on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Information and ticket booking by: Phone/fax: (8 5) 262 07 27; Cell phone: 8615 51000, 8612 46614; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, On website www.opera.lt
- On National Ticketing System BILIETAI LT (except for concerts on 3, 13 and14 June 2013).
- Information and ticket booking on website www.bilietai.lt or in the system box offices (subject to service fees). For information and reservations call the short number 1588 (2 LTL/min.).
- Ticketing system TIKETA (only for event on 13 June 2013).
- Information and ticket booking on website www.tiketa.lt or in the system box offices (subject to service fees). For information and reservations call the short number 1588 (2 LTL/min.).
- Discount for groups (20 and more tickets to one or more concerts) - 20 percent.
- With Daily Card- 10 percent for 2 tickets.
- With LNF visitor's card - 20 percent for 2 tickets (no discount for tickets in LNOBT box office).
- No discounts for tickets to the event of 13 June 2013.
INFORMATION FOR MEDIA REPRESENTATIVES
Media representatives who wish to attend the events of the Vilnius Festival and receive an accreditation card are kindly requested to write an e-mail to public.relationsfilharmonija.lt, stating their name, surname, name of the organisation, job title, telephone number and e-mail address. The above e-mail address is also valid for any media queries related to the festival, for example, for setting up interviews, obtaining images or any background information.
Please note: discounts cannot be combined and no other discounts are availble for the concerts of the Vilnius Festival.
in person at the Lithuanian National Philharmonic Box Office, 5 Aušros Vartų g. (no transaction fees). Bookings by telephone: (+370 5) 266 5233, (+370 5) 266 5216, +370 698 52075; by e-mail bilietaifilharmonija.lt, and online at www.nationalphilharmonic.eu. Tickets for the closing concert (June 14th) are also available at the Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theatre Box Office, 1 A. Vienuolio g. Bookings by telephone (+370 5) 262 07 27, +370 615 51000.
Events and Venues
Most of its events, consisting of 10-15 concerts and performances, are concentrated in June, sometimes extending from the last days of May to the first days of July.
Among the key points of the festival’s programmes are:
a recital by a famous Lithuanian performer;
a guest performance by specially invited symphony orchestra, opera or ballet company
a portrait concert by contemporary Lithuanian or foreign composer
a showcase of legendary jazz soloists and groups
It has become one of the festival's traditions to accentuate the significance of various architectural spaces in Lithuania's capital city, encompassing not only traditional concert venues, but also squares, courtyards and churches in Vilnius. The festival's events are normally held at the Lithuanian National Philharmonic Hall (Aušros Vartų g. 5) and the Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theatre (A. Vienuolio g. 1).
OPENING CONCERT OF THE VILNIUS FESTIVAL
AN EVENING WITH THE KING’S SINGERS
THE BEAUTY AND DEPTH OF MUSIC BY JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH
BOBBY MCFERRIN AND HIS BAND
FOR THE DAY OF MOURNING AND HOPE